The shorter of two walks in the area, this circular walk passes through quiet forest tracks. You will pass the small but picturesque Pistyll Gwyn waterfall and see some spectacular views of southern Snowdonia on your way. The terrain at times can be a bit steep, so make sure you wear appropriate footwear.
How to get there
Traveling south down the A470 turn right 1/2 mile (1 km) after the Bronaber turning.
Traveling north up the A470 turn left, 2 mile (3 km) after the sign post on the right to the Coed y Brenin center.
Follow the narrow road for just over 2 miles (3.5km) through two gates and park your vehicle in the designated parking area. Remember to keep the gates shut at all times.
1. Start your journey by bearing right, following the sign out of the car park along a gravel road.
2. At around 200m, bear left at the first junction on the gravel road.
3. Mind the animals as you walk past Graigddu Isaf on your right. Keep left of the farmhouse and cross the bridge straight ahead.
4. Soon you will see a signpost to your right for Bwlch Tyddiad, carry on following the Bwlch Drws Ardudwy path.
5. After a further 200m, follow the path to the right, passing round the gated entrance.
6. After a short distance, continue straight ahead passing the turning on your right.
7. Continue along the track for around 1km.
8. At the next junction take the track to the right ignoring the Bwlch Drws Ardudwy wooden fingerpost.
9. Continue up the track and after 600m follow the track round to the right.
10. Continue following the path through the plantation for a further 300m.
11. Soon you will approach a junction. take the right turn and follow the sign for Pistyll Gwyn.
12. After 500m you will pass a small water fall on your left (Pistyll Gwyn). After a further 500m you will reach a T-junction, turn left and follow the path back to the car park re-tracing your steps.
Please read our Mountain Safety Advice before venturing out on the mountain.