Snowdon - 28 February 2020, 11.00am
Area - SnowdonDate - 28 February 2020
Time - 11.00am
Snow Above - 450 metres
Report By - Snowdon warden
- Depth of snow increases with altitude.
- Paths difficult to follow.
- Steep bank of snow at top of path.
- Sections of ice on paths.
- Currently snow on the PYG track down to approx 450 metres. Freezing level approx 900mtrs - 1000mtrs.
The following is a list of additional kit required based on the current conditions.
- Standard winter kit required.
- Ice axe and crampons essential.
It gets dark at 17.50