SNPA Strapline


Maes y Waen, Penmachno


Plans and Documents with Ordnance Survey Map Extracts

The most common reason for rejection of planning applications is that plans are not drawn up correctly. The easiest way to make sure they meet requirements is to get them from approved suppliers on the Planning Portal.

The Planning Portal also provides information on other documents you may need.


Plans, drawings and materials submitted to us are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). Ordnance Survey map extracts submitted with your planning application must be licensed by Ordnance Survey permitting its use. A licensed Ordnance Survey map extract will have a valid licence number, identify the Ordnance Survey licensed supplier, and the date the map was produced. Applicants or Agents possessing their own copyright licence should ensure that all map extracts submitted carry the relevant copyright acknowledgement and their licence number. This provides the necessary evidence that Ordnance Survey copyright is not being breached.

In the event that unlicensed mapping is submitted with your application you will be asked to resubmit the relevant plans. Although we will register any unlicensed mapping, please be warned that you will be in breach of Crown Copyright and we reserve the right to forward your details to Ordnance Survey so that it can investigate any potential infringement. This may result in prosecution and a fine.

The Authority will accept site survey plans drawn by a surveyor but they must carry a statement to that effect and confirm that Ordnance Survey information has not been used.

Please note that Section 47 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 protects plans, drawings and material submitted to the Authority for the purpose of obtaining planning permission. You may only use material that is downloaded and/or printed from this website for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

Where to get more information?

You can get more information with regards to planning application maps or information on applying for a licence to use Ordnance survey mapping and data from Ordnance Survey.

If you have any questions please contact: or call 08456 050505


OS Logo