Who sits on the Planning and Access Committee?
Snowdonia National Park Authority has 18 Members, all of whom sit on the Planning and Access Committee (details of all the Members are available on the Authority's website). One Member acts as Chair to the meeting. Legal and Planning Officers will also be in attendance.
How often does the Committee convene?
The Committee usually convenes on a Wednesday.
- 1st of July 2020 at 10.00 a.m.
- 2nd of September 2020 at 10.00 a.m.
- 21st of October 2020 at 10.00 a.m.
- 2nd of December 2020 at 10.00 a.m.
- 20th of January 2021 at 10.00 a.m.
- 3nd of March 2021 at 10.00 a.m.
- 14th of April 2021 at 10.00 a.m.
- 19th of May 2021 at 10.00 a.m.
Planning and Access Committee Meetings during the Covid-19 emergency
During the Covid-19 emergency the Park Authority’s Planning and Access Committee meetings are taking place remotely. These meetings are not open to the public, but they are recorded. Below is a recording of the most recent Committee meeting:
Recordings of older Planning and Access Committee meetings can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
Planning Committee Meeting at Plas Tan y Bwlch (© SNPA)
What happens prior to the Committee?
Three working days prior to the Committee meeting an agenda is published containing a report on each of the planning applications being considered. Individual reports are prepared by the planning officer dealing with that particular application. The Committee report will set out:
- details of the proposal
- a summary of any objections or support received
- an assessment of the proposal taking into account these representations and the Eryri Local Plan
- a recommendation as to whether the application should be refused or approved.
Are the agendas and reports available for public inspection?
Yes, on this website, at the Authority's head office, public libraries, through Community Councils and other venues. If you wish to see a report or attend a meeting, it is important that you contact the Authority's head office to check the actual date the application is being considered.
At the Committee Meeting
You may attend any meeting of the Committee as an observer. You may also make a request to speak at the meeting subject to the guidance set out in the Public Speaking leaflet. All Committees are conducted through the medium of Welsh with simultaneous translation into English.
The discussion on applications will be in the following order:
- The Chairman will announce the application
- A planning officer will present the application to the Members of the Committee and report on any additional information received
- Objector to address Committee
- Community Council to address Committee
- Applicant / Agent / Supporter to address Committee
- Members questions and debate
- Any amendment
What decisions can the Committee make?
The Committee would normally make one of the following decisions on applications placed before them:
- approved with or without conditions
- refused (with reason for refusal)
- deferred for a Site Visit
- deferred for negotiations
- deferred for further information
Can the Committee make a decision which is contrary to the Officer's recommendation?
Yes, the Planning and Access Committee have the right to make a decision which is contrary to the planning officer's recommendation, regardless of whether that would be for approval or refusal.